Restorative Facial Oil - Maturing Skin
Revere Restorative Face Oil
A highly nourishing oil formulated for maturing skin. Luxurious plant-based oils like argan, macadamia and pomegranate improve elasticity, even out skin tone and smooth fine lines. Though quick absorbing and non-greasy, this face oil is formulated for long lasting moisture and protection from the elements.
As we mature, our skin loses moisture more easily and needs additional protection from transepidermal water loss (TEWL). Our Restorative Face Oil forms a protective barrier on the surface of the skin, leaving you with soft skin, a dewey glow and an even complexion.
What makes it special?
Derived from oils extracted from seeds, nuts and beans, face oils and serums do wonders in building and maintaining healthy skin. Plant oils are made up of lipids and a wide variety of compounds which the skin recognizes and uses: proteins, waxes, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and more.
Very Skin prioritizes plant oils that are unrefined or cold-pressed and thus not stripped of their nourishing qualities; they benefit the skin more than their refined counterparts.
Face oils deliver nourishment to the skin and lock-in hydration from lotions and toners. Contrary to popular belief, oil does not necessarily create oily skin but in some cases can actually help regulate natural oil production (sebum) which can assist in reducing oiliness. Face oils give you bang for your buck; 2-5 drops is plenty for daily use.
86% Organic Oils
Low-scented. The organic, unrefined plant oils in this product are primarily responsible for the herbal and slightly nutty natural aroma. A small amount of lavender, neroli and ylang ylang have been added for a subtle complimentary fresh and floral note (1% of formulation).
Handmade in Nova Scotia by Verv Skin
- Camellia (Tea) Oil or tsubaki oil has been used in Japan for thousands of years. It offers excellent conditioning thanks to a high percentage of oleic acid (80%). This oil is high in polyphenols, potent antioxidants prevent free radical damage. Tannins present in the seed are lightly astringent resulting in a 'dry' skin feel
- Macadamia Oil is ideal for aging skin as it contains around 20% palmitoleic acid, a major building block lipid of the skin but one that decreases with age. Palmitoleic acid helps regenerate skin cells and protects against chapping and weather damage.
- Hemp Seed Oil is seen by some as "nature's most perfectly balanced oil." It soothes dru skin, replenishes moisture and protects against cellular damage
- Pomegranate Oil contains ellagic acid, an antioxidant which supports collagen production and builds thickness of the skin; it is excellent for mature complexions
- Argan Oil is generously supplied with Vitamin E, polyphenols, squalene and carotenes which protect the skin from environmental stressors
- Sea Buckthorn Oil CO2 has a bright orange colour which showcases its impressive abundance of vitamins and flavonoids. This is a highly nourishing ingredients in caring for the skin
- Squalane (olive-derived) is a natural component of human skin sebum (oil). It is incredibly moisturizing and a source of replenishing fatty acids plus antioxidants
Full Ingredient List:
Camellia Oleifera (Camellia)* Seed Oil, Linum Usitatissimum (Flax)* Seed Oil, Cannabis sativa (Hemp)* Seed Oil, Macadamia Ternifolia (Macadamia)* Seed Oil, Argania Spinosa (Argan)* Kernel Oil, Squalane, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate)* Seed Oil, Oenothera Biennis(Evening Primrose)* Oil, Rosa Canina (Rosehip) Fruit Oil, Hippophae rhamnoides (Seabuckthorn) Oil, Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Lavandula Intermedia Oil (Lavender) Flower Oil, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Rosmarinus officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Cananga Odorata (Ylang Ylang) Flower Oil, Helianthus annuus (Sunflower), Citrus aurantium amara (Neroli) Flower Oil certified organic*
Apply 2-5 drops on to your fingertips, warm oil by massaging fingertips together and then pat onto the face or gently massage in. For extra hydration and to lock moisture into the skin, apply immediately after a face lotion or cream. You may choose to use more in dry, winter months and less in more humid, summer months.
Notes: Avoid contact with eyes. If irritation occurs discontinue use. Do not introduce any water or moisture into container or contents will spoil. Product will last longer if stored away from heat and direct sunlight.
28 g | 1 oz in an amber glass jar with dropper.