Clarifying Facial Oil - Acne Prone Skin
Revere Clarifying Face Oil
A nutrient-dense oil formulated for acne-prone skin. Featuring anti-bacterial plant-based oils like perilla seed, pumpkin seed and black cumin seed, this face oils aids in calming redness, and reducing scarring without blocking pores.
This face oil is formulated with oils high in linoleic acid, an omega-6 essential fatty acid which may play a role in the skin's ability to naturally shed and self-exfoliate. Research shows that many individuals who struggle with acne have a noted deficiency in this fatty acid on the surface of their skin leading to congested pores, an overabundance of oleic acid and overgrowth of C. acnes bacteria.
Our Clarifying Face Oil absorbs quickly, delivering vitamin-rich oils to the skin for a clearer, brighter complexion.
What makes it special?
Derived from oils extracted from seeds, nuts and beans, face oils and serums do wonders in building and maintaining healthy skin. Plant oils are made up of lipids and a wide variety of compounds which the skin recognizes and uses: proteins, waxes, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and more.
We prioritize plant oils that are unrefined or cold-pressed and thus not stripped of their nourishing qualities; they benefit the skin more than their refined counterparts.
Face oils deliver nourishment to the skin and lock-in hydration from lotions and toners. Contrary to popular belief, oil does not necessarily create oily skin but in some cases can actually help regulate natural oil production (sebum) which can assist in reducing oiliness. Face oils give you bang for your buck; 2-5 drops is plenty for daily use.
96% Organic Oils
Low-scented. We kept this product low-scented. The organic, unrefined plant oils in this product are primarily responsible for the herbal and slightly medicinal natural aroma. We've added a small amount of lavender, white thyme and cypress oils for their anti-microbial compounds (1% of formulation).
Handmade in Nova Scotia by Verv Skin
- Pumpkin Seed Oil is high in linoleic acid (55%) and cartenoids (precursors of Vitamin A) which helps reduce itching and redness.
- Perilla Seed Oil also known as shiso or japanese mint, perilla leaves have been used extensively in Asia for preserving food due to their anti-microbial properties. High in alpha-linoleic acid and rosmarinic acid which are both useful in treating acne and irritating skin conditions
- Tamanu Oil sometimes called 'green gold,' penetrates deeply into the skin helping to rapdily regenerate new skin and diminish scarring. Contains calophyliic acid is a healing and strong anti-inflammatory compound.
- Sacha Inchi Oil from the Peruvian mountain peanut is high in linoleic and alpha-linoleic acids. It helps with dry, itchy and irritated skin.
- Black Cumin Seed Oil has been a staple in Arabic and Mediterranean cultures for thousands of years. Black cumin seeds are packed with over one hundred identified nutrients and also high in linoleic acid (58%)
Full Ingredient List:
Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Seed Oil*, Perilla Ocymoides (Perilla) Seed Oil*, Nigella sativa (Black Cumin) Seed Oil*, Cannabis sativa (Hemp)Seed Oil*, Plukenetia Volubilis (Sacha Inchi) Seed Oil*, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil*, Calophyllum Inophyllum (Tamanu) Seed Oil*, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil*, Azadirachta Indica (Neem)Seed Oil, Lavandula Intermedia (Lavender) Oil, Cupressus sempervirens (Cypress) Leaf Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Thymus Zygis (White Thyme) Oil *certified organic
Apply 2-5 drops on to your fingertips, warm oil by massaging fingertips together and then pat onto the face or gently massage in. For extra hydration and to lock moisture into the skin, apply immediately after a face lotion or cream. You may choose to use more in dry, winter months and less in more humid, summer months.
Notes: Avoid contact with eyes. If irritation occurs discontinue use. Do not introduce any water or moisture into container or contents will spoil. Product will last longer if stored away from heat and direct sunlight.
28 g | 1 oz in an amber glass jar with dropper.