Verv Soothing Face Lotion - Calendula Oat
SOOTHE & PROTECT sensitive skin with Verv’s Calendula Oat Soothing Face Lotion formulated for irritated and sensitive skin. This healing mid-weight lotion is perfect for daily use or can be applied more heavily overnight. The gorgeous buttercream hue of this lotion comes from an infusion of deeply nourishing calendula flower rosemary leaf extract and sea buckthorn CO2 extract.
- Soothe and Reduce Redness
- Sea buckthorn can help reduce inflammation following UV exposure, protecting skin against sun damage
- Studies show that chamomile performs potent skin-soothing action, among other benefits
- Licorice root contains glabridin, is a potent antioxidant and skin-soothing ingredient
- Research shows avenathramides, potent types of antioxidants found in oats (and colloidal oatmeal), can help soothe skin
- Calendula is believed to have skin-soothing properties and a positive effect on wound-healing
- Allantoin serves as an effective soothing agent and has moisturizing properties, giving it value for treating sensitive or compromised skin
- There is some evidence that arrowroot starch enhances wound healing and calms inflammation
- Moisturize & Lock In Moisture
- A high concentration of beta-glucan and starches in colloidal oatmeal give it water-binding properties thus acting as an effective skin protectant
- The fatty acids in evening primrose oil, in particular gamma-linoelic acid (GLA) can have significant skin-soothing and emollient benefits for skin. It can also help other ingredients absorb more readily into skin.
- Shea butter is a friend to dry skin; it contains a rich source of antioxidants and skin-replenishing fatty acids
- High oleic safflower oil is composed of over 75% oleic fatty and is unparalleled in its ability to moisturize the skin